Saturday, January 23, 2010

On My Way to Haiti

Well I'm here and I'm ready. It's 5:50am and I'm about to hop on a YWAM bus over to Haiti. My flights here were as smooth as can be and I was even given a bag full of leftover crackers and cheese from the stewardess to take to the staff here at the Ywam DR base. I arrived last night at 11pm and was able to see my good friends John Gillespie and Jeremy Bardwell as they fly home this morning. They were on the first bus in from Ywam DR after the earthquake hit. It was great to catch up and also to hear what is happening in Haiti. Before heading to sleep for a few hours they prayed for me to have heaven's perspective. I'll be working in Port au Prince with teams from Ywam Tyler Texas and Ywam Relief. I've got my duffle bag full of medical bandages and granola bars and I'm excited for what's ahead. My heart is to give and serve with everything I have. Jesus loves these people and I am priveleged to be His hands and feet in the midst of this devestation. Pray for safe travels, wisdom, faith, and heaven's perspective!

Love,
Janet





1 comment:

gracehplove said...

wow~
you guys met at Haiti.
Janet, John Gillespie and Jeremy Bardwell~

so proud of you guys~

God bless you~

gracey